Murray LaSaine Elementary seeks to maintain an orderly environment. To assist us in accomplishing this goal, we will continue to keep the uniform policy in effect. All students must wear uniforms unless they have a uniform waiver. Waivers may be obtained in the front office. School uniforms consist of the following:
Boys – SOLID color long pants, knee-length shorts; SOLID color shirts with a collar.
Girls – SOLID color jumpers, knee-length or longer skirts, knee-length shorts, or long pants; SOLID color shirts with a collar.
All students may wear Murray-LaSaine T-Shirts, tennis shoes and knee length or long SOLID color pants on days that they have PE.
All students are required to conform to the following general regulations regarding dress:
- Students may wear blue jeans on Fridays only with a Murray-LaSaine spirit shirt.
- Sunglasses will not be permitted in the class unless medically prescribed.
- Pants legs may not be rolled up.
- Belts are to be worn at all times.
- Shoes must have an enclosed heel or heel strap. Tennis shoes are preferred. No heels or flip-flops are to be worn. This is for your child’s safety.
- Symbols, slogans or designs that tend to disrupt will not be permitted.
- Studded bracelets or any other objects that are considered dangerous are not permitted.
- No tight or revealing clothing. No bare midriffs or crop tops.
- No tank tops, halter tops, strapless dresses or tops, or sleeveless tops.
- Coats are not to be worn in the classroom. Students may wear a sweater or sweatshirt.
- No hats, headbands, or head coverings are to be worn in the building.